The concept of “mind remake” is that we all have the capacity to change, grow, and thrive. With enough kindness, support, or education, we gain the ability to rewire our brains as we recover from addiction and emotional pain. This site itself is the “project” (an undertaking or task) that aims to provide helpful tools for remaking, reinventing, and flourishing.
About the Author: I’m Cassie Jewell, mental health professional and creator of this site, Mind Remake Project. I am a licensed professional counselor (LPC), licensed substance abuse treatment practitioner (LSATP), and board-approved clinical supervisor in Virginia. I have a master’s degree in Community Counseling and am currently working in the field. When I’m not writing or counseling, I’m traveling the world.
More about this site…
Mind Remake Project started as bucket list ambition in 2018. At the time, I was uncertain where I wanted to go with it, but I knew I enjoyed writing and I had a wealth of professional knowledge. After an aimless first year, I narrowed my focus to write about research as well as posting mental health resources.
Today, I mostly post (free!) resources to share with other mental health professionals and/or individuals who need help. I also like to read, analyze, and write about research when something sparks my curiosity.
Mind Remake Project’s Mission
To promote mental health and wellness while sharing key knowledge for a more productive and fulfilling life
Mind Remake Project’s Values
- Education & Knowledge
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who should read this blog?
Anyone who is interested in mental health, wellness, and recovery. This site provides information for mental health professionals, consumers, and for individuals who hope to improve the quality of their lives.
To receive updates in your inbox, enter your email address below and click subscribe:
If you like this website, consider these additional sites for free resources:
- CCI – Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar & Eating Disorders | Perth
- Get.gg | Getselfhelp.co.uk
- HelpGuide.org (Free Resource Guides for Mental Health)
- PositivePsychology.com | Helping You Help Others
- SAMHSA | Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Social Workers Toolbox | Free Social Work Resources & Tools for Direct Work with Children and Adults
- Taking the Escalator (Substance Abuse Tools)
- Therapist Aid | Therapy Worksheets, Tools, and Handouts
What are your professional qualifications?
- Licensed professional counselor (LPC)
- Licensed substance abuse treatment practitioner (LSATP)
- Approved LPC clinical supervisor in Virginia
- M.Ed. in Community Counseling from a CACREP-accredited university
- B.S. in Psychology
- 13+ years of experience in the mental health field working with adults with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders and with individuals with severe mental illness (SMI)
- Specialties: Substance use disorders, personality disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, trauma, and domestic violence
How often do you update your site?
I update at least weekly in order to ensure that information and resources are accurate and up-to-date.
Do you accept guest submissions?
Yes! I welcome quality pieces from medical and mental health professionals or students, as well as from individuals willing to share their personal experience with mental illness or addiction. There is no fee. I do not accept paid links. To submit an idea, please use the contact form.
Mind Remake Project is (and will always be) 100% free to use, with unrestricted access to all resources. The original, downloadable works published on this site are also free. While I appreciate followers, you will never be asked to subscribe before gaining access to downloads. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee outgoing links, but I work hard to find quality, cost-free (or at least affordable) resources and to keep this site up-to-date.
The ads and affiliate links on Mind Remake Project generate a commission. (See disclaimer below.) However, Mind Remake Project does not provide, sell, or endorse any services or products.
Please consider rating this website:
The views, thoughts, and opinions I express belong solely to me, not to my professional organization/affiliation or employer. This site is generated for informative purposes and is not a substitute for professional advice. I am not responsible for false or inaccurate information on Mind Remake Project. Links to other websites and their content are not endorsed.
Please note that some posts contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Unless otherwise noted, I am the legal copyright holder of all original material on this site. I authorize (and encourage!) the reproduction, distribution, and display of works, but I kindly request appropriate citation or linking. The sale, purchase, and use of copyrighted material for monetary gain are strictly prohibited.