The Merriam-Webster definition of a bucket list is “a list of things that one has not done before but wants to do before dying.” This post is a therapist bucket list with 26 professional achievement ideas for counselors and other mental health workers!
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.“Mahatma Gandhi
Therapist Bucket List
26 Professional Achievement Ideas for Counselors and Other Mental Health Workers
1. Earn an advanced degree or certificate.
2. Become licensed in your state.
3. Start a nonprofit organization or charity for mental health.
5. Open a private practice.
6. Conduct and publish a research study.
7. Write a magazine or newspaper article.
8. Develop and validate an assessment tool.
9. Become president or chairperson of a professional organization.
10. Write and publish a book, workbook, guide, or manual.
11. Develop a new theory/model or treatment intervention.
12. Create and maintain a website.
13. Become a teacher or professor.
14. Run for public office.
15. Become a mentor or clinical supervisor.
16. Develop an online course or training program.
17. Organize and/or facilitate a seminar or workshop.
18. Start a podcast.
19. Develop a mobile app.
20. Write a bill for mental health reform.
21. Start a mental health or counseling YouTube Channel.
22. Develop and moderate a Facebook group for mental health professionals.
23. Advocate by organizing and leading a peaceful protest for reform.
24. Win an award.
25. Present in a TED Talk.
26. Inspire positive change!
“To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to.”Kahlil Gibran
Post your therapist bucket list ideas in a comment!