(Updated 2/6/23) Coloring can significantly improve your mental health and wellbeing. Research indicates that coloring reduces anxiety symptoms, enhances mindfulness, improves mood, and reduces stress. Coloring may also serve as a tool for self-reflection and self-awareness.
This is a list of printable coloring books and free coloring pages for adults.
15 Sites with Free Coloring Pages for Adults
A 35-page PDF coloring book from Rec Therapy Today. Most of the coloring sheets are images of animals, including a panda, a peacock, a Pegasus, a dolphin, and more!
Art to be art must soothe.Mahatma Gandhi
2. Relaxing Patterns Coloring Book
Another PDF coloring book from Rec Therapy Today (53 pages). Free coloring pages consist of swirls, shapes, flowers, and other designs.
3. Coloring Pages for Adults (from Faber-Castell)
A modest collection of printable free coloring sheets. Color a bird mandala or an enchanted fairy! There are also several holiday-themed coloring pages.
4. Adult Coloring Book for Mindfulness and Relaxation
A 51-page PDF coloring book with 31 mandala designs from the site Healing from Burnout. The coloring book includes 8 bonus templates for creating your own designs!
A 16-page coloring book with uplifting quotes and writing prompts from the American Library Association.
A collection of coloring books from Coloring Craze. The books aren’t free, but you can download sample free coloring pages. Books include Motivational Quotes & Phrases, 30 Day of the Dead Coloring Pages, and Stress Relieving & Relaxing Patterns series.
A collection of free coloring books from libraries and other cultural institutions from around the world. Download and print coloring pages from the New York Academy of Medicine Library, the Getty Research Institute, the Folger Shakespeare Library, and many more!
Photographer Louise Lawler worked with children’s book illustrator Jon Buller to create this unique 12-page coloring book. Each page is a black-and-white version of one of her photographs of places where art is displayed.
9. A Mathematical Coloring Book
A 38-page coloring book by Marshall Hampton with mathematical models and geometric structures (such as the Sierpinski triangle).
10. Monday Mandala
An ad-free site with printable mandala coloring sheets. You can also sign up for their email to receive free coloring pages in your inbox!
Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.Thomas Merton
11. Adult Coloring Pages (from Crayola)
A small collection of printable coloring sheets. Choose from designs such as “Art with Edge Sugar Skulls,” “Lennon and McCartney Yellow Submarine,” or “InSPIRALed.”
12. Coloring Castle
Free coloring sheets, including mandalas. Additional categories include holidays, animals, food, nature, space, sports, etc. Great for kids too!
13. Super Coloring
Free coloring sheets and books to print. You can download coloring books like “Forest Animals,” “Zentangle Horses,” “Beautiful Women Portraits,” and “Floral Fantasy” (among others) or print coloring pages (including color-by-number!) from a variety of categories (mammals, fruits, fantasy, stories, space, etc.)
14. Just Color
Printable free coloring pages for adults. Categories include: mandalas & art therapy, nature, travels, art, history & stories, and special events.
15. The Public Domain Review Coloring Book for Diversion, Entertainment, and Relaxation in Times of Self-Isolation, Vol. 1
Free downloadable coloring book (from the Public Domain Review site) with 20 images from a wide range of artists, including Hokusai, Albrecht Dürer, Harry Clarke, Virginia Frances Sterrett, Jessie M. King, and Aubrey Beardsley.
Bonus: Best Adult Coloring Books: How to Download Free Printable Coloring Pages from Museums Around the World
Links to additional sites with free coloring pages, including coloring pages representing the works of famous artists. (Thank you to Anna Fox for submitting this resource!)
For more free resources, visit Free Printables.
- Babouchkina, A., & Robbins, S. J. (2015). Reducing negative mood through mandala creation: A randomized controlled trial. Art Therapy, 32(1), 34-39.
- Bell, C. E., & Robbins, S. J. (2007). Effect of art production on negative mood: A randomized, controlled trial. Art Therapy, 24(2), 71-75.
- Curry, N. A., & Kasser, T. (2005). Can coloring mandalas reduce anxiety? Art Therapy, 22(2), 81-85.
- Eaton J., & Tieber, C. (2017). The effects of coloring on anxiety, mood, and perseverance. Art Therapy, 34(1), 42-46.
- Henderson, P., Rosen, D., & Mascaro, N. (2007). Empirical study on the healing nature of mandalas. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 1(3), 148–154.
- Muthard, C., & Gilbertson, R. (2016). Stress management in young adults: Implications of mandala coloring on self-reported negative affect and psychophysiological response. Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research, 21(1), 16-28.
- Small, S. R. (2006). Anxiety reduction: Expanding previous research on mandala coloring. The Undergraduate Journal of Psychology, 19(1), 15-21.
- van der Vennet, R., & Serice, S. (2012). Can coloring mandalas reduce anxiety? A replication study. Art Therapy, 29(2), 87-92.
4 thoughts on “15 Sites with Free Coloring Pages for Adults”
This is a very insightful post. I haven’t thought about colouring in this sense but it’s certainly true. I will start looking at doing more colouring!
I very much agree with this article; Coloring pages are good for adults of all ages and especially useful for children. They make their children develop thinking and central nervous system, increase creativity, concentration, and color discrimination. I enjoyed your article very much.
These free coloring pages for adults are amazing! They offer a variety of designs, from intricate mandalas to beautiful floral patterns, that allow me to relax and unwind after a busy day. I also appreciate the inspirational quotes that are included on some of the pages. It’s great to have such a wonderful resource available for free. I’ve also discovered that there are many similar and other interesting drawings available on the websites https://babeled.com and https://lystok.com. Thank you so much for sharing these coloring pages with us!